(Biblical correlations listed next to item – linked to biblegateway.com for your reference.)
- The scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the inspired Word of God without error in the original writings, a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
2 Timothy 3:16
- There is only one God, creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Isaiah 44:6, Matthew 28:19, Colossians 1:15
- Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into Heaven, where, at the right hand of God, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
Matthew 1:20, 1 Peter 2:24, Acts 1:9-1, Hebrews 4:14-15
- The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and during this age, to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
John 16:12-15, John 14:16-17
- Man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost. Only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
Genesis 1:26, Romans 3:23, Philippians 2:12-13, Titus 3:3-7
- The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for the justification and salvation for all who believe. Only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God.
Colossians 1:13-20, Hebrews 9:22